BROWN RESIGNS FROM WRESTLING CAPTAINCY

Duties as Track Captain Make Necessary His Withdrawal--University and 1925 Wrestlers Start Intensive Training Monday--Many Contests Arranged

J. F. Brown Jr. '22 has resigned as captain of the University wrestling team to devote all his time to the track team, of which he is also captain. Brown has held the mat captaincy for nearly a year, and was previously captain of the 1922 Freshman team. The vacancy has not yet been filled. Men who have won their latter in wrestling and so are eligible for election to the position are H. J. Friedman '23, J. F. Stearns '22, and H. B. Walker '22. Benoni Lockwood '22 who has been reporting for practice regularly this season will probably succeed Brown as heavyweight, according to Coach Jedlinski.

Both the University and 1925 wrestling teams will start intensive training Monday. There will be elimination matches from that date, culminating in a final meet Saturday, January 14. The training table will open on the fifteenth. The Crimson faces a stiff schedule this year. The first meet will be January 21, though an opponent has not yet been definitely signed up. The following week the team will go to New York, where, for the first time, it will meet the strong Boys' Club team. The Club has defeated Columbia, and sporting critics state that it can be counted on to put up a stiff fight.

February 18 the University wrestlers will meet Springfield in the opponents' city. A week later, February 25; the Crimson men will wrestle with the Norwich University team.

To Meet Tech March 1

Coach Jedlinski believes that the contest with M. I. T. on March 1 will be a stiff one, as "Cyclone" Burns, Tech's coach, has a national reputation for winning teams. M. I. T. is especially strong in the lighter weights.

March 4, the University matmen will meet the Princeton team at Princeton. The Orange and Black has lost several of its strongest men this year, but has much new material available. Dartmouth will send a team to Cambridge March 8. This meet will be of special interest, as the Hanover men have been trained under a system radically different from that which Coach Jedlinski is using. While the University has been taught to develop speed and alertness, and use an open form of fighting, Dartmouth relies on the old methods of overpowering strength and weight.

On March 11 Brown will come to Cambridge. A strong Yale team will invade Hemingway for the final match of the season March 18.