PLAY COMPETITION OPEN

Manuscripts Must be Handed in by November 1--May Compete for Music as Well as for Play

The competition for the annual play to be presented by the Hasty Pudding Club is now open to Juniors and Seniors and will close November 1. The author or authors of the winning play will be elected members of the club. Music for the play is also to be written in competition.

Only two persons may combine on the book of the play. The music and the play manuscripts, which must be typewritten, should be handed in to J. G. Flint '23, vice-president of the club, Grays 11, or J. H. Dempsey '23, secretary, Randolph Hall.

Contestants for the competition should bear in mind the limitations of the Hasty Pudding Club performances. It is not advisable to plan complicated scenery, or to suggest scenic effects. The play should be limited to as few acts as the plot permits. Any female roles which are not adaptable to a male cast are to be avoided. No restrictions will be made on the source of the plot, except that archaic or over-fanciful settings are not us acceptable as those of a strictly modern nature.