EX-GOVERNOR WILL PRESIDE AT DEBATE

Chairman Will Meet Members of Both Teams--Oxford Speakers Represent Three English Parties

It was announced last night that Ex-Governor Samuel W. McCall would preside over the debate with Oxford in Symphony Hall on October 9 instead of Governor Channing H. Cox, as previously announced; Governor Cox will be making a speech in the western part of the state on that date. Ex-Governor McCall will also attend the banquet which the Harvard Club of Boston will give to the members of the two teams. Among the other distinguished guests who will be present at the banquet is Mr. George Wigglesworth '74, President of the Board of Overseers.

Tomorrow Ex-Governor McCall will dine at the Union Club of Boston with representatives of both teams to discuss arrangements for the debate. Although in the matter of having the audience award the decision, of limiting each speaker to fifteen minutes, and of allowing no rebuttal, the English debating practice has been followed entirely, it is doubtful whether the University team will alter its style of speech-making to match the more conversational English manner.

The sale of tickets for the debate is progressing rapidly. Tickets are now on sale only at the Box Office in Symphony Hall; the prices are as follow floor $2.20 and $1.65; first balcony $1.10; second balcony 55 cents.

Mr. Edward Marjoribanks of the Oxford team was educated at Eton, where he became Captain of the School, was Double First at Oxford in Classics, rowed in a Christ Church boat for four years and also rowed at Henley. He has been Secretary of the Canning Club (the butt of Mr. Max Beerbohm's "Zuleika Dobson") and President of the Carlton Club, both of which are conservative political clubs. At Oxford he has been Secretary-Librarian and is now President of the Oxford Union Debating Society. He is a nephew of the Marchioness of Aberdeen who came to America on a mission for Ireland some time ago, and he is also heir presumptive to Lord Tweedmouth. His mother is an American from Nashville, Tenn., a grand-daughter of N. S. Brown, who was Ambassador to Russia when Alaska was sold to America. Mr. Hollis was educated at Balliol College, and is Secretary of the Oxford Union Debating Society and a member of the Liberal Party. Mr. Kenneth Lindsay, educated at Worcester, is a former President of the Union and a member of the Labor Party.