DISTINGUISHED ENGLISH TOWN PLANNER TO SPEAK TUESDAY

Mr. Raymond Unwin of London Will Lecture in Robinson Hall--Meeting Open to All Members of the University

The School of Landscape Architecture has secured Mr. Raymond Unwin of Hampstead Garden Suburb, London, England, for a lecture on "Garden Cities" in Robinson Hall Tuesday evening, October 10, at eight o'clock.

Mr. Unwin's visit to Boston will be limited to two days. He will speak on Monday evening before the Boston Society of Landscape Architects and Tuesday evening at the University. Mr. Unwin needs no introduction to students of city planning. His book "Town Planning in Theory and Practice" is a standard authority. He was one of the designers of Letchworth, the first Garden City, of Hampstead Garden Suburb, and is one of the leading exponents of the garden city principle. During the war he was Chief Town Planner to the Ministry of Munitions, which was responsible for the war housing developments. Since the war, he has been Chief Town Plan Inspector to the Ministry of Health, in charge of the great British housing program. He is also past president of the Town Planning Institute of Great Britain.

Any members of the University interested in the subject are welcome at the lecture Tuesday evening.