PRELIMINARY HEATS OF FALL REGATTA OCT. 24

One Heat for Each of Three Freshman Dormitories--Six Men in Finals on October 26 -- Open Races Among Upper Classmen on Same Day

The preliminary heats of the fall regatta will take place on Tuesday, October 24, according to an announcement made last night.

There will be one heat for each of the three Freshman dormitories. The two first men in each heat will race in the finals, which will take place on Thursday, October 26. These races will count in the interdormitory series. The events will include wherries, compromises, singles and doubles.

Departing from the usual custom of limiting the fall regatta to Freshmen, Coach Edward Wachter is planning to include University entries this year. There will be open races for singles and doubles among the upper classmen on Thursday, October 26.

Men may sign up for Freshman and University entries at the Weld and Newell boathouses any time between Tuesday, October 10, and Tuesday, October 17.

The drawings for boats will take place on a date to be announced later. The distances of the races also have not been definitely settled, but an announcement of the decision may be expected in a few days. It has been definitely stated, however, that none of the races will be longer than one mile.