STANDING ROOM ONLY

"Holy Cross to beat Harvard at own game" read the headline in one of the Boston papers, together with a detailed account of how the Worcester team by using waiting tactics hopes to win in the Stadium today. An unknown quantity, perhaps, but respected, is this eleven from a college that has lost to the University for the past two years only by the margin of a field goal.

For an early season game the interest in today's contest is without precedent. Last year Holy Cross played in the Stadium to a gallery of twenty-four thousand and the year before that the attendance was even less noteworthy. But this year the ticket-offices have been forced to hang out S. R. O. signs, and the crowd is not going to be dominated by Crimson sympathies, by any means. The visitors will pack their half of the stands, and they have come prepared to offer odds.

And Harvard? There is no underestimating of today's job, but, on the other hand, there is no overestimating its difficulties. When the team goes out on the field this afternoon to face its first real test of the season, it will have, regulars and substitutes, the confidence of the University from start to finish.