6000 MEN IN EVERY PLAY

Last fall a "Yale" year was predicted. The Yale eleven came up from New Haven flushed with victory over Princeton and met a totally unexpected repulse. Again this fall the predictions point to a "Yale" year. Yale defeated Brown 20 to 0 and Brown Harvard 3 to 0; Princeton nosed out Yale by a field goal and beat Harvard 10 to 3. For the first time in years Yale faces the Harvard game without a hospital list; in the last two games Harvard has developed a series of injuries without parallel. The game is to be played in the Yale Bowl. A Blue victory is the only thought of the Yale team and the Yale undergraduates and is what the outside world expects.

Two years ago Yale was the favorite and the same case held true last year. Again this year the University will go into the game the underdog. The team is far from over-confident. Every man realizes that he must fight for every inch next Saturday. The team will have to show the spirit that held Yale for downs on Harvard's eighteen inch line three years ago, or that made the University come from behind to beat a great Yale eleven last fall.

No one doubts the determination of every man on the football squad and the entire University has the utmost confidence that this determination can bring results. From now until Saturday, it is the job of the undergraduates to show their support in no uncertain terms. At the mass-meeting tomorrow, at the Stadium Thursday, in the Bowl Saturday, there the undergraduate has his chance to stand behind the men on the playing field. And it is only with such support that there can be expected another victory over the Bulldog by the Underdog.