DR. HENRY NEUMAN SPEAKS AT LIBERAL CLUB LUNCHEON

Leader of Brooklyn Ethical Society Talks on "A New Outlook on World Affairs"--Mr. Thomas Speaks Today

Dr. Henry Neuman, leader of the Brooklyn Ethical Society, spoke on "A New Outlook on World Affairs" at the Liberal Club after lunch yesterday. In the course of his discussion he stressed the immediate and pressing need of a new mind and a new standard of values. Loose thinking is the order of the day, he said, and for that reason a great many of the present evils of the world are unsolved and even ignored.

He further pointed out that America might well take a lesson from the new republics that are springing up in Europe. They have had a chance to study the American theory of democratic government from a detached viewpoint, and when forming their own constitutions it should be interesting for us to see what they incorporate from our system and what they discard.

Today at 1 o'clock Mr. Norman Thomas will speak on "Social Ownership". Mr. Thomas has been secretary of the Fellowship of Reconciliation, and a prominent writer in the world of advanced thought. He was for a time editor of "The World Tomorrow" and has also been a contributing editor of "The Nation". He is now Chairman of the Executive Committee of the League for Industrial Democracy.