"GHOST BALL" FEATURES IN LONG SIGNAL DRILL FOR UNIVERSITY TEAM A

JENKINS AND HOLDER AT END ON FIRST ELEVEN

With the preliminary games past and the Princeton contest of next Saturday fast approaching, Coach Fisher yesterday sent team A through a brief scrimmage work-out with the second eleven followed by one of the longest signal drills yet held this fall. As darkness settled in the Stadium a new white leather ball, the so-called "ghost-ball", was substituted for the usual pigskin in order that the drill might continue in the twilight.

It was definitely announced that Coburn will be unable to take part in the scrimmage this week and consequently will not be fit to face the Tigers Saturday. With Coburn out, Coach Fisher will undoubtedly start a backfield composed of Buell, Owen, Gehrke, and Chapin.

Team A lined up yesterday with Jenkins and Holder on the left and right wings respectively. Dunker was back at tackle, paired with Eastman, C. J. Hubbard and Grew were at guard, Clark alternating with Bradford at center, Buell at quarterback, and Gehrke, Chapin, and Owen in the backfield. Churchill took Owen's place in the scrimmage, but the latter went through the long signal drill with team A.

The team B line-up included Hartley and Gordon ends Hobson and Greenough tackles, Miller and Kunhardt guards, Kernan center, Lee quarterback, Rouillard, Fullbright, and Churchill backs.

Fitts was temporarily shifted yesterday from end back into the backfield of team C. This change is not permanent but was done in order that Fitts might be acquainted with the signals and formations and thus be available for either position.

With the exception of Coburn and Codman, who was injured again Saturday, the entire squad will be in excellent condition for the Princeton game.