BRADLEE FINALIST IN SQUASH TOURNAMENT

Opponent to be Decided When Baker and Smith Meet Saturday--Bradlee and Key Still Competitors in State Tournament

Malcolm Bradlee '22, captain of the University squash team, advanced to the final round of the College squash tournament yesterday by defeating Carroll Harrington '24 by the score of 15-5, 15-10, 15-14. The match was well played throughout, but Harrington, although fighting hard, was unable to get started against his more experienced opponent. The other semi-final contest, between Myles P. Baker '22 and R. E. Smith '22, will probably not be played until Saturday, due to the former's recent illness.

Bradlee and D. McK. Key '22 are the only University men left in the Massachusetts State tournament, which began last week. Bradlee, who easily defeated P. B. Watson '15, will play Mark Wendell of the Union Boat Club at 5.30 o'clock this evening in the third round. Key advanced to the fourth round yesterday when he defeated R. C. Bray, captain of the Newton Centre team, in an exciting five-game match. The result was in doubt to the end, Key's superior steadiness finally giving him victory by the score of 7-15, 15-7, 16-17, 15-12, 15-11. Key's next opponent will be Elliot Church of Newton Centre.

In the last match of the second round, played last night. R. E. Smith '22 lost to Bartlett Harwood of the Union Boat Club in an encounter that went to five games. Harwood, who defeated E. M. Hinkle '23 on Saturday, was victorious over Smith in their match on January 14, although by a larger score than yesterday's match.

The squash management announces that a blue-book has been posted in the University courts, in which all men who desire instruction by Coach Cowles are to sign for half hour periods, not oftener than once a week. Mr. Cowles has arranged to instruct men on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2 to 4 o'clock. After Mid-Years members of team A will assist in the coaching