THOROUGH WORK-OUT FOR CRIMSON SEXTET

University Able to Use Whole Rink at Arena Instead of Usual Half--Coach Claflin Works on Faults Shown in Westminster Game

Owing to the fact that the Crimson hockey squad had the Arena ice entirely to itself yesterday afternoon, Coach Claflin was able to put his men through one of the most thorough drills of the season. This is only the second or third time all winter that the University has not held a scrimmage with some other team during its daily practice.

With the entire rink at their disposal, instead of the usual cramped half, the Crimson men were able to practice their offensive and defensive tactics with increased speed. Coach Claflin had three forward lines working the length of the oval with a three-man defence in addition to the goal-tender furnishing the opposition. Especial emphasis was laid on the quick repass directly in front of the net. In the Westminster game the University forwards missed several fine chances to score in this manner. A Crimson man would pass beautifully from in back of the cage or from the side, only to have a Westminster skater get the puck instead of one of the other two University attackers. It was this fault that Coach Claflin attempted to obviate yesterday by having the entire forward line rush in close to the goal as soon as the pass was made.

Walker, Hill, and Phillips were all absent yesterday owing to college engagements, Angler and Guild filling in at left wing for the first two mentioned.