HARVARD CLUBS TO MEET IN BOSTON JUNE 16-17

Twenty-Fourth Annual Meeting Scheduled for First Time in This Vicinity--Boston Harvard Club the Host--Record Attendance Expected

Upwards of 38,000 University alumni in all parts of the world will receive notices to be mailed this week announcing that the annual meeting of the Associated Harvard Clubs will be held in Boston and Cambridge on Friday and Saturday June 16 and 17, by invitation of the Harvard Club of Boston.

This will be the 24th annual meeting of the Clubs, but the first ever held in the neighborhood of the University. The Associated Harvard Clubs began its existence in 1897 as a western organization, and although it met at Philadelphia in 1908, at New York in 1912, and at Washington in 1920, and although its scope has gradually become national, it has never before assembled at Boston. The date set for the June meeting is the Friday and Saturday before Commencement week, so that graduates wishing to be on hand that week will have to come only a few days earlier to be present at the meeting.

Plan Extensive Program

The preliminary announcement states that business sessions of the organization, and meetings to be arranged by the University will be held on Friday, followed by the annual dinner in Symphony Hall. On Saturday the graduates will make a trip to the shore, probably to Nantasket Beach, for which elaborate arrangements are already under way. President Lowell invites those men who wish to see more of the University than they find it possible to see on Friday, to remain in Cambridge Saturday morning, and in the afternoon to join those who go to the shore.

The attendance is expected to be the largest on record, probably exceeding by a wide margin that at the Washington meeting in 1920, when 627 men registered. Large numbers of graduates will undoubtedly arrange to be in Boston for the entire week of June 16-22, and attend the sessions of the Associated Harvard Clubs as well as their class reunions, Class Day, the baseball game with Yale, and Commencement.

Mr. E. M. Grossman '96, of Saint Louis, is president of the Associated Harvard Clubs, and Mr. G. A. Morison '00, of Milwaukee, is secretary. The invitations from the Harvard Club of Boston are signed by Mr. R. F. Herrick '90, president of the Club, and Mr. N. F. Ayer '00, chairman of the committee on arrangements for the meeting. In addition to these invitations special letters are being sent by the officers of a number of classes to their classmates, urging attendance at the Boston meeting.

The championship Yale swimming team added two more world's records to its credit when Princeton was decisively defeated 42-11 by the Blue on Saturday. The two new marks were made in the 600-yard relay and the plunge.