SPRING TRACK SEASON TO START ON MONDAY

Vacation Trip Will Include Triangular Meet With Virginia and Annapolis--Competition for Managership to Start on Friday

The University spring track season will be launched next Monday at 3 o'clock when all University and Freshman candidates will assemble at this time in the Locker Building on Soldiers Field to hear Coach Bingham outline the work of the season.

The spring trip will start earlier than usual this year, the team leaving on Saturday, April 15. The first meet will be with the University of Virginia on the following Wednesday and on Saturday, April 22, the team will face Annapolis and the University of Virginia in a Triangular Meet at Annapolis.

One week later the Penn Relay Carnival at Philadelphia, Pa., will start the intensive season after the spring recess. A series of contests at weekly intervals will start on Saturday, May 6, when the Crimson will meet the Engineers on Tech Field. Yale at Soldiers Field on the following Saturday will fill the next date in the schedule. The Princeton meet will be held at Princeton on Saturday, May 20, while the season will close on Friday and Saturday, May 26 and May 27, with the Intercollegiates on Soldiers Field.

The runners will be under the direction of Coach Bingham while Coach Farrell will have charge of the field events. The javelin and discus throwers will practice under Coach Mikkola.

A competition for the second assistant track managership will start on Friday, March 24, at 1.05 o'clock with a meeting of all candidates at the H. A. A. The competition will last until the Intercollegiate Meet on May 26 and 27 and as this contest is being held in the Stadium, an especially large number of candidates will be required. The winner of the competition will be appointed second assistant track manager, automatically becoming manager in his Senior year.