INTERCOLLEGIATE TRACK MEET WILL BE HELD IN STADIUM MAY 26-AND 27

AMENDMENT MADE TO FORMER ELIGIBILITY RULE

At the annual meeting of the Intercollegiate Association in New York on Saturday, the proposal of the University to hold the 1922 track and field meet at Soldiers Field was accepted. The games will take place on May 26 and 27 at the Stadium. At a meeting of the Executive Committee it was decided that H. S. P. Rowe '22, manager of the University track team, should be manager of the meet.

This year the discus and the javelin throws will be added to the list of regular events. In addition, it was proposed to incorporate a five-mile run and 440-yard hurdles in the program for 1923, but this was put into the hands of a special committee which will report at the meeting of the Association on May 25.

Important Amendment

One important amendment that was passed provides that, "No one shall represent any member of the association as a competitor at any intercollegiate meeting, other than the Freshman cross-country run, who has not been a student at that college or university in good and regular standing from October 15 of the calendar year preceding the date of competition, or at least for the seven consecutive months next preceding the date of competition."

It was decided to do away with the constitutional regulation that required a college to compete in the annual games at least once every two years in order to retain its membership. A proposal for doing away with the annual dues of ten dollars for each member college was voted down.

Bates College, West Virginia University, and the Carnegie Institute of Technology at Pittsburgh were admitted to membership in the Association, while the application of Westminster College of New Wilmington, Penn., was put on file.