YEARLING NINE IN FIRST GAME OF SEASON TODAY

To Meet Strong U. S. Submarine Base Team From New London--Freshmen Will Rely Chiefly on Strong Pitching Staff and Batting Ability

In the opening game of the season this afternoon at 4 o'clock, the Freshman nine will face one of the strongest teams on its schedule, the United States Submarine Base nine from New London, Conn.

Although the yearling infield has not yet developed into an entirely smooth working machine due to the lack of sufficient outdoor practice, Coach Young is relying on the Freshman nine to put up good opposition through its batting and pitching strength. This latter work will fall to E. C. Herrman Jr. '25, who may be replaced by Philip Spalding '25. These two yearling pitchers have been showing exceptional speed and skill in the recent work-outs.

The visitors from the Submarine School and Flotilla of New London bring seven veterans from last year's team which was runner-up in, the United States Shore Station Championship. This will be their first game of the season also.