PLAN STUDENT TOURS TO EUROPE FOR THIS SUMMER

Will Leave on Saxonia July 1--Trips to be Run on Non-Commercial Basis--Separate Parties to Visit England, France, Italy, and Scandinavia

The Institute of International Education has recently anounced four student tours for the summer of 1922. One will be to Great Britain, one to France, one to Italy, and one to the Scandinavian Countries. The tours will leave New York on July 1 and return on September 1.

The governments of the countries to be visited have in most cases already extended their official patronage to the Students Tours and have given full assurance of the most generous support.

In the case of the Scandinavian tour, for instance, the members of the group will be received by the American ministers in each of the three Scandinavian capitals. Mr. Lauritz Swenson, American Minister to Norway, has planned, in consultation with the head of the Department of Education of the Norwegian Government, an audience with King Haakon at his summer palace at Bygdo, a reception at the American legation, etc. Similar provisions will apply in the case of the tours to Great Britain, France, and Italy.

The non-commercial purpose of the tours has contributed greatly to keep down the cost of the trips. The membership fee is $675 to $710, depending upon the location of the steamship accommodations selected. It includes ocean transportation on the S. S. "Saxonia", hotels, railroad travel, automobile and carriage drives, lectures, etc.

In the present list of members of the student groups expecting to take one of the tours are the following colleges and universities: Williams, Princeton, Yale, Harvard, Columbia, Vassar, Smith, Wellesley, Bryn Mawr, Barnard, University of Chicago, Brown, Boston University, University of Kentucky, University of Wisconsin, Northeastern, Johns Hopkins, Syracuse, Goucher, Hunter, Grinnell, Indiana University, West Virginia University, Dartmouth, New York University, and the Sorbonne.

The details of the tours are in charge of Mr. Irwin Smith of New York. Any inquires or requests for additional information should be addressed to him at 30 East 42nd street, New York City.