W. G. BROCKER WINS SHAW TRAVELLING FELLOWSHIP

Awarded Annually to Undergraduate of Promise--Four Men Win Sheldon Prize Fellowships for Study and Travel Next Year

The Henry Russell Shaw Travelling Fellowship, assigned annually to a Senior to enable him to spend a few months in European travel after his graduation, has been awarded to Wesley Goodwin Brocker '22 of Lindstrom, Minn.

Brocker, who prepared for the University at a high school in St. Paul, Minn., was the winner last year of the Francis H. Burr Scholarship, awarded for qualities of character, leadership; scholarship, and athletic ability. He stands in the second group of scholars and was one of the eight members of his class elected to Phi Beta Kappa in his Junior year. He was substitute guard on the football team, winning his "H" in 1920. During the war he served overseas, first as a lieutenant of infantry and then as a captain, and was cited for heroism in the battle of Chateau Thierry, in which he was wounded.

The Shaw Fellowship, which he has now won, was given by Mrs. Henry Russell Shaw in 1911 to make it possible for Seniors "who show promise of success in professional or business careers" to supplement their formal education by travel.

Four other undergraduates of high rank have been awarded Sheldon Prize Fellowships for study and travel next year. They are John Bridge '22 of Simsbury, Conn., Wheeler Glass Lovell '22 of Cleveland, Eliot Dole Hutchinson '22 of Lowell, and Garrett Mattinglay '23 of Allegan, Mich.