LACROSSE TWELVE WILL CONTEST MUCH-HERALDED BRITISHERS IN STADIUM

VISITORS HAVE LOST TO THREE TEAMS

The University lacrosse team will open its home season this afternoon with a match of international interest when they face the much heralded Oxford-Cambridge aggregation at 4 o'clock on Soldiers Field. There will be an admission charge of 50 cents.

Today's game will be the eleventh of the series the British team is playing on the present trip. They have been defeated by Johns Hopkins, Mt. Washington Country Club, and Syracuse University, but were easily victorious over Lehigh, Penn State, Cornell, and Pennsylvania.

The Oxford-Cambridge team averages 24 years old, due in part to the fact that many of the players served in the war. The team comprises one lord, three Rhodes Scholars, eight former officers in the British army, one officer in the A. E. F., and four volunteers who later received commissions. The University's defence improved materially on the spring trip but the attack is still comparatively weak. The team will be handicapped by the loss of Dallinger, who was injured in the Princeton game, and Gallup, who was badly body-checked on the spring trip, may not last the entire game.

The Britishers likewise will be weakened by the loss of their goal tender who was injured in the Syracuse game.