TEACHERS ASSOCIATION TO DISCUSS EDUCATION

Prominent Educators Will Speak at Meeting at University on Saturday-- Financial and Administrative Problems to be Considered

Problems of financing higher education will be the topic of discussion when the Harvard Teachers' Association, composed of officers, graduates and former students of the University and Radcliffe who are engaged in educational work, holds its 31st annual meeting at the University next Saturday.

Because of the varied character of its membership, which includes teachers and administrative officers in all ranks of the profession, the Association devotes its annual meetings to the discussion of educational matters of the broadest scope. In planning this year's meeting, the Executive Committee has taken account of the almost universal necessity of conducting campaigns for college and university endowments and the new problems, both financial and administrative, brought for-ward by the greatly increased enrollments. They have secured as speakers for the morning session representatives of educational foundations which have played an important part in raising funds for college work, and for the afternoon session, college executives who have been dealing with such critical problems as the limitation of members in college and the economical expenditure of college and university funds.

The topic for the morning session, which will be in Sanders Theatre at 9.45 o'clock, will be "Aims and Work of the Great Educational Foundations" and the speakers will be Dr. Clyde Furst, secretary of the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching; Dr. Samuel P. Capen '00, director of the American Council on Education; Dr. Wallace Buttrick, president of the General Education Board; and Dr. Max Farrand, adviser in education, the Commonwealth Fund.

The annual luncheon of the Association will take place at 1 o'clock in the Union. The topic for the afternoon session will be "Problems in the Use of College Endowments". Professor Henry W. Holmes '03, Dean of the Graduate School of Education, will be the toastmaster, and the 'speakers will be Dr. William A. Nelson '96, President of Smith College, and Dr. Lemuel H. Murlin, President of Boston University.

The morning session of the Association is open to the public. Members of the Association may invite guests to luncheon, tickets for which may be secured from Mr. Bancroft Beatley '15, Lawrence Hall, 6 Kirkland street, Cambridge, at $1.50 each. Reservations should be made before this evening.