COURTS ON JARVIS AND HOLMES FIELDS TO OPEN

Will be Ready for Use on Monday by Members of University--Regulations for Signing Up Announced--Soldiers Field to be Open Sundays

The University tennis courts on Jarvis and Holmen Fields will be ready for use next Monday by members of the University and may be reserved ahead of time according to the regulations given below.

The courts on Soldiers Field may not be reserved ahead of time. A new ruling which will take effect probably on April 16 will permit the usage of there courts on Sunday afternoons from 2 to 6 o'clock. Definite rules in regard to their use on Sunday will be announced next week.

The 24 courts on the other two fields may be reserved as follows;

Members of the University may sign up for not more than one hour between 1 and 7 o'clock., No reservations will be made at the fields themselves, so all men desiring to take advantage of this ruling should sign up for courts at the office of the Hemenway Gymnasium between 8.30 and 12.30 o'clock on the day they wish to play.

Owing to the great demand for courts, no person or combination of persons can be permitted to reserve a court or courts for more than one hour per day. Doubles courts can be reserved only for doubles play. A reservation ticket calling for a particular court will be issued at the time of application, but this ticket will be absolutely void unless presented at the designated court within five minutes of the hour named. Any abuse of the reservation privilege will be penalized, probably by black-listing both as to further reservation of courts and as to ticket applications.