COACH TOLBERT PICKS FRESHMAN TRACK SQUAD FOR CONTEST WITH YALE

GARCELON HURDLE EVENTS TO BE HELD THIS AFTERNOON

As a result of time-trials held yesterday at Soldiers Field, Coach Tolbert has announced the list of Freshmen who will make the trip to New Haven on Saturday, to meet the Eli yearlings. There is a possibility that one or two men may be added to the list, after trials today and tomorrow.

The University runners went through a hard work-out, which included time-trials in some events. In addition to this, Coach Farrell gave his field-event men some stiff practice, with emphasis on form.

It has been learned that Chapin, H. R. Davis, and Whitney, will in all probability recover sufficiently from their injuries to be able to take part in the meet against Yale. Chapin, a veteran of last year, should make it interesting for the Blue sprinters, while Davis, the best of the University pole-vaulters, should add materially to the Crimson score. Whitney is one of the mainstays of the team in both hurdle races. With Hauers and Thayer to back him up, he should do much toward a Crimson victory on Saturday. The final choice of the men who will represent the University will be announced after further trials this week.

The third of the series of Garcelon hurdle races will be held this afternoon, and will include 65-yard high hurdles, and 120-yard low hurdles. Hauers, Fitts, Thomas, and Thayer, having already won prizes in this series, are ineligible to compete today.

The 1925 line-up:

100-Yard Dash.--Barker, Ellovich, Field, Murphy, Paine, de Rham, Robb, Wilson.

220-Yard Dash.--Barker, Ellovich Field, Hull, Mahin, Paine, de Rahm, Robb, Wilson.

440-Yard Dash.--Kent, J. H. Smith, Van Stone, Wilson.

880-Yard Dash.--Cutcheon, Jones, Mahin, J. H. Smith.

One-Mile Run.--Chapin, Cutcheon, Severance, Jones.

Two-Mile Run.--Chapin, Cutcheon, Saw-in, King.

120-Yard High Hurdles.--Clark, Fletcher.

220-Yard Low Hurdles.--Clark, Fletcher, Hull.

Shot-Put.--Dunker, Hallowell, Scudder.

Discus-Throw.--Dunker, Greeley, Hallowell, Munroe.

Javelin.--Bourne, Seamans, Stern, Sullivan.

Hammer Throw.--Davenport, Snow, Theopold.

Broad-Jump.--Bruce, Clark, Murphy, P. W, Smith.

High-Jump.--Abbot, Beals, Ellovich, Greeley.

Pole-Vault.--Maclaughlin