TENNIS MEN TO PLAY TODAY

University Team Will Face Colgate at 4 o'Clock on Divinity Courts--Visitors Have Veteran Line-Up

The University tennis team will begin the second home match of the season when it faces Colgate at 4 o'clock this afternoon on the Divinity courts. The Colgate team comes here with an enviable reputation, due largely to the fact that the four men who compose the team are veterans of last year's undefeated season. In the present University team, however, Colgate is apt to find a stumbling block. As the visiting team has only four members, the contest will be limited to four singles and two doubles instead of the usual number of nine individual matches. This reduction is almost sure to be of an advantage to the Crimson, for the Providence match, where the first three singles were won and the last three lost, disclosed very clearly that the team is more potential with four than with six singles matches.

In case of rain this afternoon, the match will be played at the Longwood covered courts.

The University line-up for this afternoon follows:

Singles: 1 Captain Morris Duane '23, 2, K. S. Pfaffman '24, 3 G. C. Guild '23, 4 J. D. Farnham '23.

Doubles: 1 Captain Morris Duane '23 and K. S. Pfaffman '24, 2 J. D. Farnham '23 and C. P. Holmes '22.

Freshmen to Open Season

The Freshman tennis team will open its season against Country Day at 4 o'clock this afternoon on the Divinity Courts. In W. W. Ingraham and Alden Briggs, the yearlings have an unusually strong pair. The Freshman line-up follows:

Singles: 1 W. W. Ingraham, 2 Alden Briggs, 3 L. H. Bondi, 4 W. P. Dixon.

Doubles: 1W. W. Ingraham and Alden Briggs, 2 L. H. Bondi and W. P. Dixon.