LINCOLN'S INN PLAYERS SEND UNIVERSITY TO LAST PLACE IN LEAGUE

NEIGHBORHOOD CLUB OVERCOMES TEAM B 3-2

By their defeat at the hands of the Lincoln's Inn Society Saturday four matches to one, the University Squash Racquets Team dropped into the last place in the Squash League and lost all chance of winning the championship. The Crimson players were handicapped by the loss of A. L. Smith '25 and Carroll Harrington '24 and Lincoln's Inn by the absence of D. S. Ingalls 3L. The Union Boat Club moved into first place in the league, replacing the B. A. A.

The match yesterday was the first in the new courts 7 and 14. A large crowd watched all the contests from the gallery.

Dixon-Wakefield Match Features

The feature match of the afternoon between Dixon and Wakefield was an exciting and drawn out struggle. Both men are masters at getting and each was at the top of his form Saturday. In the first game Wakefield was unbeatable, hitting the crock on many shots, and winning 15-9. Wakefield, being far behind in the second game, threw the game, losing 15-9, and, then, lost the next 15-7. Dixon, however, began to tire and Wakefield by sheer hard-hitting evened the games by winning 15-10. In the final game Dixon made the mistake of trying to play Wakefield's forehand and lost.

Captain E. M. Hinkle '23 won the only game for the University, defeating Lawrence Foster 2L. 10-15, 15-9, 15-10, 15-9. Hinkle played high lob shots to Foster's backhand in the back of the court, and won mainly through his opponent's errors. R. P. Rose '25, playing his first match for Team A, was easily defeated in straight games by D. M. Gilmore 3L. 15-12, 15-8, 15-12. J. H. Douglas 2L. was too experienced a player for J. J. Glessner '25, winning 10-15, 16-15, 18-16, 15-10, although the latter did very well, playing the best squash of his career, F. I. Carpenter '24 was beaten by F. W. Crocker 2L. 15-8, 16-14, 15-11 in short order.

Neighborhood Club Beats Team B

Team B journeyed to Quincy on Saturday and was beaten three matches to two by the Neighborhood Club. The team, although dropping from second to third place, still has an excellent chance for the League B championship. E. M. Upjohn '24 showed excellent form by his straight defeat of R. V. Wakeman 15-8, 15-10, 15-6; and Darragh Louderback '24, by only losing to Karl Pfaffman '24, playing for the club, 17-13, 10-15, 15-13, 13-15, 15-11. E. K. Davis '24, after a bad start, won the only other match for the University, defeating Richard Blackmer 12-15, 13-15, 17-16, 17-16, 15-10. M. A. Blackmer and Harlow Schenkelberger won from R. C. Bostwick '23 and C. P. G. Fuller