1927 HAS HARD WORK AHEAD IN ANDOVER GAME

OPPONENTS' PASSING GAME MAY BAFFLE CAMPBELL'S CHARGES

The Freshman football team opens its season against Andover Academy at Andover at 2.30 o'clock this afternoon. The last practice before the game was held on Soldiers Field yesterday afternoon and consisted mainly in light signal drill. In addition to this light work-out there was considerable practice at kicking and forward passing. Coach T. J. Campbell '12 will hold his team down to the fundamentals in this first game of the season and little forward passing will be done by the 1927 eleven. Up to the present time the team has scrimmaged against the scrubs and the second team, but has had little opportunity to develop any stars.

Andover will have the advantage of experience in today's game, for they have already played two games, defeating Dean Academy in their first game 20 to 0 and holding Worcester Academy to a scoreless tie. The team that goes on the field today has eight experienced men who played together last year while the Freshmen have had a comparatively short time in which to develop good team work. In Andover's two games, Hammersly on the offensive and Phillips and Healy on the defensive have shown particular ability.

Last year the 1926 team held Andover to a scoreless tie, but the Freshmen showed a rather ragged style of play when put up against Andover's well developed forward passing game.

A squad of 32 men will leave Cambridge shortly after noon and drive to Andover in time for the game. HARVARD 1927  ANDOVER Kilgour, l.e.  r.e., Brown Daly, l.t.  r.t., Phillips Sexton, l.g.  r.g., Healy Bond, c.  c., Saunders Savory, r.g.  l.g., Johnston Platt, r.t.  l.t., Bradley Redman, r.e.  l.e., Prior Hamlin, q.b.  q.b., Randall Zarakov, l.h.  r.h., Hammersly Miller, r.h.  l.h., Billhardt Cody, f.b.  f.b. Foote