CROSS COUNTRY SQUADS DISCARD BELMONT TRACK

Will Work Out Over Flat River Course in Preparation for Intercollegiate Encounter in New York City

The Belmont cross-country course has been thrown into the discard, temporarily at least, and for the next week the University and Freshman squads will work out over the flat Charles River course.

Arrangements are now being made with the managers of the Bowdoin and Tufts cross-country teams to run Friday's Harvard-Bowdoin triangular race on the river route instead of the Belmont course as was originally contracted. The Freshman interdormitory cross-country race which has been scheduled for Monday afternoon will also be run along the Charles. Coach Farrell's reason for making this change, it was learned from Manager W. E. Collins '24, was to prepare his runners for the intercollegiate cross-country run on November 26, which will be held over the level Van Cortlandt Park course in New York.

Before practice this afternoon Coach Farrell is to select three Freshman runners to act as captain of the dormitory cross-country teams. These teams, which are open to all Freshmen whether they have signed up for cross-country or but will meet on Monday