MANY NEW OPPONENTS TO FACE BASKETBALL TEAM

WACHTER AND CHASE LIKELY TO RETURN AS COACHES

According to plans now being formed the University basketball team will this season emerge from the comparative gloom of its three past years as a Crimson sport, and become a center of major interest during the winter months.

The attraction which the game has had so far has been greatly lessened by the relatively low calibre of the teams which it has opposed. This winter, however, Captain Gordon's quintet will meet on the Hemenway court most of the high class collegiate basketball teams in the eastern section of the country.

In addition to the regular "home and home" contests with Yale and Dartmouth, which have been the feature of previous years' schedules, the Crimson basket men will encounter each of the other teams in the Intercollegiate Basketball League, with the exception of Princeton, that is, Cornell, Columbia, and Pennsylvania. Another new opponent this year will be Syracuse. Many of the teams which were on last year's schedule have been booked again for this season, and there will no doubt be many interesting home games with such teams as Amherst, Brown, Williams, and Worcester Tech.

For the 1927 team there will be no encounters until that with Boston Y. M. C. A. on January 5, after which games are being planned with the first year teams from Brown, Connecticut Agricultural College, Dartmouth, M. I. T., and Yale, and with such school-boy teams as Andover, Exeter, Choate, and Worcester.

Old Coaches to Return

Although no definite announcement has been made, it seems probable that the same coaches who trained last year's teams will again be on duty this season, Coach Edward Wachter taking the University squad in hand, and S. B. Chase 3L. having charge of the first year men.

One idea, the development of which will be eagerly awaited by basketball fans, is that of season tickets which will admit to all home games with the possible exception of the Yale encounter. Reports indicate that the H. A. A. is now considering the sale of such a ticket.