HOCKEY PRACTICE WILL GET UNDER WAY SHORTLY

WINSOR ANNOUNCES NAMES OF ASSISTANT COACHES

The hockey season of 1923-24 will get under way within less than two weeks from today when candidates for the team will meet on November 26. Football players will be granted a short vacation between periods of training, but for the remainder of the squad the season will begin on the Monday following the Yale game in the Stadium.

Aspirants for the position of goal tender, however, will be able to get an early start, for players in this branch of the game will begin work during the first part of next week. Competition in this department will be keen, since both the goal guards on last year's first squad will be missing. Chandler Bigelow '25 has left college for good, and J. G. Flint '23 is among those lost to the team by graduation; both were letter men.

Winsor Names His Assistants

To assist him in his work at the Arena this year Coach Winsor will have the services of J. M. Martin '22 for drilling the forward line, and of A. H. Bright '19 for instructing the defense men. The former won his letter in 1921 and again in 1922, first at right wing and then at center. The latter earned his insignia while playing right wing in 1919. To school the goal guards in the intricacies of their position G. W. Canterbury '01 and J. I. Wylde '17 will hold places on the coaching staff. Of the seven contests with Yale played during the three years in which the latter was on the team in all but one, he defended the Harvard goal for the entire game, and allowed but nine Elis to score in the seven encounters.