HOCKEY PRACTICE GETS UNDER WAY AS GOAL GUARDS REPORT

Eleven Men Start Preliminary Work Behind Hemenway

Eleven University goal-guards reported for preliminary limbering-up behind Hemenway Gymnasium yesterday afternoon, while the number of Freshmen candidates for the position was eight.

The goal-guards lined themselves up along the walls of the outdoor handball courts and submitted to target practice from the sticks of volunteer forwards, who made their shots from diminutive linoleum rugs. The session proved harder on the forwards than on the goalies, however, for several times during the afternoon Head Coach Winsor and Goal Coaches Canterbury and Wylde relieved the former at their work. The situation will be improved for today and the two other days of goal practice this week, as more candidates for the forward line of the 1927 team will be on hand to take part in lifting the pucks.

The managership competitions will be conducted this year under the usual arrangement, by which sophomore candidates for the position of second assistant manager will report next Monday for a competition scheduled to last until the end of February. Freshman aspirants will not start work until early in December, and will finish a week sooner than the sophomores.