CRIMSON SOCCER TEAM TO BATTLE WITH TIGERS

UNIVERSITY ELEVEN STRONGEST SINCE 1913

With the most powerful eleven since the winning teams of 1912 and 1913, the University soccer, men will leave Cambridge this afternoon for the game which may decide the Intercolegiate Soccer League championship. The contest with Princeton; which will mean the probable elimination of one of the teams from the championship race, will start tomorrow morning at 11 o'clock on Poe Field, near the Palmer Stadium, where the football game will begin at 2 o'clock.

There can be no doubt of the strength of the Princeton team. After opening the League season inauspiciously with a 2-2 tie with Cornel, the Tigers improved tremendously to defeat Haverford, last year's champions, by the score of 2-1. On the other hand, although the Crimson has been twice defeated, in its last two victories over Dartmouth and Cornel it showed real power, especially on the defense. The University forward line showed as much strength as the Orange and Black attack did against Cornell, each scoring two goals against an admittedly strong defense.

Despite a wet field and poor weather all week, Coach Nies has given his Tigen eleven several stiff practice sessions in preparation for tomorrow's encounter. The last hard scrimmage before the game was held yesterday, and although the squad was still hindered by the condition of the field, the emphasis paid during the week to blocking, pasing, corner kicking, and heading the ball was not without effect.

For the Crimson, Wednesday's long hard scrimmage was followed by a comparatively light session yesterday afternoon. Coach Welch will take 15 men with him to Princeton and the competition for the positions on, the team is so close that no definite lineup can be predicted. The defensive trio of Fitton, Furber, and Captain Greenidge is certain to start, Brooks at center half will get the call over any of the other halfback candidates, and the veteran left side of the forward line, Lamont and Eldridge, will surely play. Brooks will probably be flanked by Phaneuf and Tarnowsky, completing last year's Freshman halfback combination, but Pattison, who has started every game so far may take Tarnowsky's place. Tarnowsky is the stronger offensive player when he gets started, but Pattison's remarkable ability to cover his opponent may be needed

The composition of the forward line is very uncertain. Dorman, an expert dribbler, will play either at inside or outside right with Tuttle, Gray; or Norton, who starred in the Cornell game, as his running mate. But Gray, though brilliant at times, and a starter in every game this season, may be kept on the sidelines on account of his inconsistancy, in which case Dorman will be on the right wing and Tuttle will probably start inside line.