EXPLAINS HUMAN HERITAGE

Professor G. H. Parker '89 Suggests Improvements for Human Race in the Second Radcliffe Fund Lecture

"Human inheritance, if fully understood and properly controlled, would do away with much of our social maladjustment", declared Professor G. B. Parker '89, speaking yesterday afternoon in New Lecture Hall, in the second lecture of the Radcliffe Endowment Fund course. Explaining the nature of organic inheritance and instinct, the speaker contrasted these to our social inheritance and higher intellectual development, which we gain from education.

"In the improvement of the race", Professor Parker stated in conclusion, "two things are necessary. The first is a betterment in social relations by right training in morals, so that, generation after generation, the social inheritance will be improved. The second is the improvement of the organic background whereby the stock may be rendered more sound on its physical side. If these demands of organic and of social inheritance are rightly attended to, humanity need have little fear for the future."