FENCERS OPEN SEASON AGAINST BOWDOIN TODAY

Visitors Overwhelmed 9-0 by Crimson Last Year--Eight Matches Scheduled for Coming Season--To Meet Yale at New Haven on March 31

The University fencing team will open its season at 4 o'clock this afternoon in the Fencing Room of the Hemenway Gymnasium when it faces the Bowdoin College foilsmen. Last year the Bowdoin men were overwhelmed 9-0 by the Crimson team, but, as this is the first meet for both combinations, the outcome today is a matter of conjecture.

Captain E. H. Lane '24 and E. L. Lane '24 are both veterans of last year's team, and G. S. Sharp '24 will complete the trio. Roland Fleer '24 and Lendon Snedeker '25 are likely to break into the lineup as substitutes.

The schedule for the fencers this season calls for eight matches. The team will meet M. I. T. and Pennsylvania this month, while five meets, ending with Yale at New Haven on March 31, are scheduled for the following month. The intercollegiates, in which the University secured second place last April, occur this year on April 5-6 at New York.