AGAIN MAKES OFFER OF PRIZE AND PRODUCTION

Belmont Theatre Announce Competition for Past or Present Members of 47 Workshop--Manuscripts Due June 1

Following the successful production of "You and I", the 1922 Harvard prize play by Mr. Philip Barry, the Belmont Theatre of New York has for the second time offered a prize of $500 and production within six months, for the best play submitted in a competition open to past or present members of Professor G. P. Baker's courses in dramatic composition at the University and Radcliffe.

The three judges will be Mr. R. G. Herndon, the New York producer, or a representative named by him; Mr. Robert C. Benchley '12, dramatic editor of "Life"; and Professor Baker or his representative. The prize will go to the "prose dramatic composition of at least three acts" adjudged by this committee "to be the best suited for professional production." Plays must be submitted to Professor Baker by June 1.

The first Harvard prize play competition was conducted by the Castle Square Theatre of Boston twelve years ago. For several years Mr. J. W. Craig '75 offered the prize annually. Then for two years Mr. Oliver Morosco made the offer, being succeeded last year by the Belmont Theatre. Among the prize-winning plays in the past have been "Believe Me, Xantippe," by Mr. J. Frederick Ballard '11; "Common Clay," by Mr. Cleves Kincaid; "Mama's Affair," by Miss Rachel Barton Butler; and "You and I," by Mr. Philip Barry, which was produced in New York on February 19, last.