ANNOUNCE RULES FOR RESERVING JARVIS FIELD TENNIS COURTS

Members of University to Be Given Preference

Hereafter members of the University will have the opportunity to sign up in the morning for use of courts on Jarvis and Holmes fields, according to announcement made by those in charge. Any member of the University may sign for use of a court in the afternoon on a sheet posted in the Hemenway gymnasium between the hours of 8.30 and 12.15 in the morning. On signing for a court a part payment of ten cents for each court will be required.

After 12.30 a court may only be had after the purchase of a ticket at the office located at the Massachusetts Avenue end of the Jarvis courts. Such a ticket reserved by means of the signing for the court in the morning in the Hemenway gymnasium, will only be valid until five minutes after the hour for which the court is reserved.

Members of the University are to be given preference for courts, and because of the demand, it is unlikely that opportunity can be given to others. Until one o'clock there is usually room for all who care to play, and consequently, the above system will not be extended to morning hours unless it becomes necessary.

The courts on Soldiers Field will not be open to the public on three afternoons of the week inasmuch as the Department of Physical Education will have exclusive use of the courts for Freshman tennis on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from two until six o'clock. On other days the courts will be open to the public.