SECOND BASEBALL SQUAD HOLDS ITS INITIAL PRACTICE GAME

Two Teams Are Chosen Arbitrarily and Frequent Substitutions Made

The second baseball squad held its first practice game on Soldiers Field yesterday afternoon. Two teams were chosen arbitrarily and frequent substitutions were made so that Coach Campbell could have an opportunity to see all the men in action before he decides upon a definite line-up to face Exeter on Wednesday.

Team A, with J. B. Anastas '23 and A. D. Hoffman '25 as the opening battery, nosed out their opponents 3-2 in the five inning practice. D. H. Thomas '25 was the first pitcher for team B, while H. F. Fitton '24 opened the game behind the bat.

The initial tally was made for Team A when W. T. Heagney '25 pounded out a home run after two outs in the first inning. A triple by Hoffman with two men on was responsible for the last two runs in the second.

Both the team B scores came in the fourth when F. X. Hurley '24 was knocked home on a three base hit by Jack Fullbright '24. The latter scored on another triple by J. M. Newell Jr. '24.