CREW SQUAD SAILS ON MORGAN'S YACHT CORSAIR

WAITERS TO ORGANIZE CREW AND RACE ELI TABLE MEN

Red Top, Conn., June 10.--Coaches, managers, and oarsmen of all four crews enjoyed a holiday today on the "Corsair", the yacht of Mr. J. P. Morgan '89. Altogether 56 men boarded the yacht at 9 o'clock this morning and cruised as far as Green port, Long Island, and back, returning to Red Top at 6 o'clock in the evening. Although the water was rather cold, a short swim at Green port was much enjoyed.

Despite a high wind, rain, and rough water yesterday morning which kept the Freshmen on shore the other three crews rowed downstream to the Navy Yard and back, a total distance of about four miles. On the way downstream Coach Muller took Captain Ladd's place at number 6 in University A, but after the Navy Yard was reached, Coach Muller returned to the launch, letting Ladd row back upstream. A feature of the morning's practice was the rowing of the University crew in pairs. First bow and number 2 rowed together, the other oarsmen resting, then numbers 3 and 4, 5 and 6, and number 7 and stroke.

The rain having ceased in the afternoon, all four crews paddled upstream toward Norwich, covering about five miles.

The University crew's improvement in speed has already reached about five lengths for the two-mile course, according to an announcement made after one of the recent time trials.

As a result of the Crimson waiters' challenge to the Yale waiters, an extra race has been scheduled for the course. This race will probably be held over a short distance on the afternoon of June 21. The University crew of table men received its first lesson yesterday in the Mallory shell under the direction of Coach William Haines.