SMALL CROWD SEES B. U. LOSE 5 TO 0

University Sextet Unable to Penetrate Opponent's Cage After Third Minute of Second Period

The handful of spectators that stayed till the end of Harvard's 5-0 shut-out over B. U. last night at the Arena saw plenty of action to reward them for their pains. After the third minute of the second period the Crimson was not able to violate the Terrier cage again.

The ice was fast and so was the falling down, for several players found out a great deal about Manager George V. Brown's excellent surface. As far as hockey went, the Crimson had it all over the B. U. stickmen, in spite of the 27 minute void during the last periods of the game.

Hodder Scores Three Times

The Boston combination was inclined to use dilatory tactics and continually tried to throw the Harvard team off its balance by deliberate passing in its own territory. For the scoring end of the rink the Terriers had to trust to Ashcroft and Provost, but these were never able to break through the Crimson defence.

The first period produced four tallies. Twice Hodder skated the whole length of the rink, through or around the opposing defense, and snapped scores into the net. On another occasion Hodder added a point from scrimmage. Chase also contributed a goal by poking the rubber in while Kelly had his back turned.

Terriers STiffen in Second

During the second period the B. U. outfit put up a stiffer brand of opposition, and checked with their sticks and bodies on all occasions. These tactics tended to increase the number of scrimmages in B. U. territory, and consequently succeeded in preventing any organized attack by the Crimson forwards. Only once was Harvard able to score, when Austin took a short shot at the net during the third minute of play.

Play Faster In Last Period

In the last period the action speeded up in no uncertain manner, and Cumings was called upon to stop four fast shots, while Newell, his predecessor during the first period, encountered but one sickly dribble. Harvard's attack also spruced up and Kelly, the B. U. cageman, had to do as much work as he had done in the first two periods combined.

The summary: Harvard  Boston University Austin, Hill, l.w.  r.w., Blais, Ashcroft Gardner, Burgess, c.  c., Ashcroft, Provost Hodder, Howe, r.w.  l.w., McCrae, Ling, Wenneberg Chase, Pratt, l.d.  r.d., Provost, Brown Crosby, Hammond, r.d.  l.d., Burke, Kontoff Newell, Cumings, g.  g., Kelly

Score, Harvard 5, B. U. 0. Goals, Hodder 3, Chase, Austin. Time, three 15 minute periods. Referees, Sands, Moody.