GRADUATE WINS SONNET PRIZE

Morris Gray '77 Divides First Prize in City Sonnet Context -- Over 800 Sonnets Are Submitted

Morris Gray '77, prominent lawyer and president of the Boston Museum of Fine Arts, divided with Miss Lucy Mallison of London, England, the honor of winning the first prize in the Bartlett city sonnet contest, according to an announcement made yesterday.

The city sonnet contest is the second of six international poetic contests organized by Mrs. William H. Bartlett to establish poetry on an international platform. Over 800 sonnets were submitted of which 30 received votes for first, second, and third place.

Mr. Gray received his A.B. at the University in 1877, three years later he received his LL.B. and was admitted to the bar. Afterwards he wrote "The Law of Communications by Telegraph". He is a director of the New England Trust Company, and the Boston and Albany Railroad. He is also a fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and since 1914 has been President of the Boston Museum of Fine Arts.