YALE COACHES CONCENTRATE ON LINE AFTER GEORGIA GAME

Forwards Seemed Weak Point in Contest Last Saturday

New Haven, Conn., October 13, 1924.--The guards and tackles of the Yale eleven were given individual criticism and stiff work today. It was in the line that Yale's weakness was most apparent in Saturday's game with Georgia.

Joss and Root are now leading the race for the tackle positions, with Sturhahn and Richards looking like their most promising running mates at guard. Of these men Richards alone started the game against the southerners at the position he held today. Captain Lovejoy at center and Bingham and Luman on the flanks are the only men who can be reasonably sure of retaining their positions in the line.

The coaches are still unsatisfied with the way the backfield is shaping up. Bench continues at quarterback with Bunnell as his first substitute. Pond and Allen, and Cottle or Failing are the other backs likely to start against Dartmouth. Failing is a punter of the first magnitude and leads the whole squad in this respect, but he lacks experience.

Kline, the captain of last year's Freshman team, has recovered from his injuries and is again practicing but he may be left out of the game on Saturday in order to allow a complete recovery.