TEAM A HAS UPS AND DOWNS IN SCRIMMAGE

Donaldson Picks Up Loose Ball and Runs Forty Yards for Goal--Cheek and Rogers Score for University

A thirty-minute scrimmage yesterday resulted in two touchdowns for the University team to one for the seconds. Although Team A at times showed the same dullness that has charaterized its performance for days, several flashes of brilliance were very encouraging.

When the scrubs entered the Stadium late in the afternoon for the scrimmage, they were led by their newly elected captain, W. T. Heageney '25. For two years he has played a consistant game on Coach Knox's squad, and this fall spring into prominence after a 25-yard dash through the Crimson line in scrimmage. As a punter and runner of considerable ability, Heageney is easily the most valuable backfield man on the scrub squad.

Team A Fumbles At Start

Yesterday's scrimmage did not lag at the start. After being unable to gain, the seconds kicked to the University's 30-yard line. On its first play Team A fumbled. The ball was recovered by Donaldson, another second team veteran, who quickly broke away from the mass of players, who had closed in, and carried the ball over the goal line in a 40-yard run.

Coach Fisher them gave the Crimson the ball on its 25-yard line. Three attempts to break through the scrubs proved futile, and Hammond was forced to punt. Cheek, Gehrke, Miller and Hammond were not working well as a backfield combination yesterday. Similarly when the seconds tried to gain on line plays they were unsuccessful, and they kicked back to the University's 32-yard line.

Miller Gains For University

Team A recovered from its dullness and by brilliant gains soon had the pigskin down by its opponent's goal. Miller was largely responsible with two long runs, one of 18 yards, through the center of the line. An end run by Hammond was stopped before it got under way, but Miller again saved the day when he made another 18-yard gain on a criss-cross play. The ball was now on the second's 32-yard line. On the next play a short, wide forward from Hammond to Cheek completely fooled the scrubs and enabled Cheek to score on a long run, Miller made the point after touchdown on a dropkick.

Rogers Makes Final Score

In the ensuing minutes neither team could make any dent in the other's line. Coach Fisher put in a new backfield composed of Spalding, Zarakov, Samborski, and Rogers. Rogers doing most of the work, the Crimson team easily advanced from the 35-yard line to the 3-yard line. The scrubs held remarkably at this point and it was not until the fourth down that Rogers carried the ball over.