FARRELL PICKS TEAM FOR INTERCOLLEGIATE MEET

GORDON WILL GO AS ALTERNATE ALTHOUGH BEATEN IN TRIAL

Coach Farrell of the University cross-country team staged a stiff race around the Charles River course yesterday afternoon to determine the make-up of the squad which he will take to New York with him next week to compete in the Intercollegiate Cross Country meet.

Six of the runners who showed up well in the Harvard-Yale-Princeton triangular run in New Jersey last Saturday were kept out of the pack, but the remainder of the squad went hustling around the chilly course in an effort to capture the two remaining places on the Intercollegiate team.

Gordon's Record Superior

The winner of the race was J. W. Perkins '26, who covered the course in excellent time in spite of the fact that he was encumbered with heavy running clothes. N. R. Kobes '26 and Edward Gordon '27 had a stiff struggle for second place, and although Kobes won by about four seconds, Coach Farrell decided to send Gordon to New York as the alternate. His record for the season has been superior to that of Kobes.

With the two doubtful positions filled, the make-up of the team which will represent Harvard on Van Courtland park next Monday will be as follows. Captain W. L. Chapin '25, L. Tibbetts '26, B. R. Cutcheon '25, W. C. Harrison '26, B. E. Swede '27, L. F. Ryan '26, J. W. Perkins '26, with Edward Gordon '27 as alternate.

Team Will Attend H-Y Game

Manager J. C. Collins plans to take the full week for the trip to New York. The team will leave Cambridge on Saturday morning and stop off at New Haven that afternoon where they will sit in a group at the Harvard-Yale game. That evening they will journey on to New York, where they will spend the night at the Hotel Vanderbilt. On Sunday morning they will walk over the Van Courtland course to get an idea of the lay of the land. The next 24 hours will be devoted to rest and relaxation for the team, and on Monday afternoon they will line up at the start of the race which will determine the Intercollegiate hill and date championship of America.