DR. HALL TO GIVE INTIMATE VIEW OF MODERN DIPLOMACY

Well-Known Authority Will Speak in Emerson J This Afternoon

History students will have an opportunity to get an intimate view of modern diplomatic procedure in the lecture which will be given by Dr. Hubert Hall Litt.D., F.S.A., of the University of London, on "The Evolution of British Treaty Papers" in Emerson J at 4.30 o'clock this afternoon. The lecture is being given under the combined auspices of the department of History and the University History Club.

Dr. Hall is a recognized authority on his subject. An interesting feature of his lecture will be his account of the inside history of the famous "scrap of paper" incident which was concerned with the beginning of the world war. The lecture, which will be illustrated by lantern slides, is open to the public as well as to all members of the University.

In addition to his scholastic reputation, Dr. Hall is famous as the man whose work with students beginning to use original manuscripts for the first time has started many American scholars on the proper method of procedure. The department of History especially recommends this lecture to men who in tend to do advanced work in history at some time or other in their scholastic career.