UNIVERSITY BUILDINGS KEEP OPEN OVER RECESS

Widener Advances Hour of Closing--Union and Memorial Serve Meals--Athletic Buildings Open

Changes in the hours during which many of the University buildings will be open during the Christmas recess were announced yesterday. Some buildings will be closed throughout the vacation.

Widener Library, beginning on December 20, will be open from 9 to 5.30 o'clock except on Christmas day and Sundays. The Lower Reading Room will close at 1 o'clock on Saturdays. On New Year's Day only the General Reading Room and the Farnsworth Room will remain open. Books from the reserved shelves may be taken out at 5 o'clock on week days.

The Department of Physical Education announced that the Hemenway Gymnasium will be open from 9 to 5 o'clock on week days. The Big Tree Swimming Pool will be open on week days from 10 to 6 o'clock. The Freshman Athletic Building will be open from 9 to 6 o'clock except Sundays. The University Squash Courts will be open on week days from 9 to 6 o'clock. The Medical Advisor will be at Wadsworth House from 12 to 12.30 o'clock on week days. All buildings and offices under the supervision of the Department of Physical Education will be closed on Christmas and New Year's Days.

The Union will remain open as usual except that the service in the dining room will be a la carte. There will be no services in Appleton Chapel during the recess. There are no changes in the meal hours at Memorial Hall.