CHALLENGE TO SOPHOMORES

The last CRIMSON competition open to sophomores for the News, Photographic, and Business Departments will begin tonight.

To students who hesitate between coming out and not coming out, there are three reasons which should urge him to the former course. First, the CRIMSON is one of the leading extra-curriculum activities. To make the CRIMSON board is to achieve honor in one's class. Second, the competitions afford valuable training, not to be had from courses, in writing, in the conduct of business, and in the affairs of the University. Third, the competitions are contests between amateurs, not professionals. No man need hold back because of inexperience.

A prominent man recently said: "Most people live their lives and die without ever knowing what they are really capable of doing. They never learn, because they never put themselves to the test." Sophomores, verbum sapienti satis est! The first hundred years are the hardest. The work will be explained tonight at seven o'clock at the Crimson building. Down goes the gauntlet!