CURTAIN RISES ON CREW SEASON TODAY

Coach Stevens Will Concentrate on Two University Eights--Flowing Water New Feature of Rowing Tank

The spring rowing season will officially open this afternoon at 5.30 o'clock when all candidates for the University, class, 150-pound, and Freshman crews will meet in the Smith Halls common room.

Captain B. McK. Henry '24 of the University eight will have charge of the meeting and will give a short address. All the coaches will speak, each outlining his plans for the spring. Head Coach Stevens, however, will announce the general arrangements for the coming season and especially for the period before the ice leaves the river. Dr. Harding will discuss the rules for training.

Will Pick But Two Crews

Coach Stevens will depart from the usual custom this year and will pick but two University crews within a few days. His choice will be based mainly on the Fall and Winter work of the present candidates.

A 90 horsepower aeroplane motor is being installed at the Newell Boathouse to keep the water in the tank in motion. The management hopes in this way to make the blade work for the oarsmen a little more natural. The work on the motor will be completed this week.