NEXT SYMPOSIUM TO TAKE "WATER" FOR DISCUSSION

Three Speakers on Instructing Staff Will Describe Meteorology, History, and Scientific Handling of Subject

According to announcements made yesterday the third symposium of the year at the University will have for its subject "The Nature and Uses of Water", and is scheduled for Tuesday evening, March 4, in the Union.

Professor Alexander McAdie '85, meteorologist and Director of the Blue Hill Observatory, will tell about water in the air, his title being "Rain, Hail, and Snow." The talk will be illustrated with lantern slides.

Professor R. A. Daly '93, the geologist, will consider the geological history of the ocean, with the title "Ancient and Modern Oceans".

With the subject "Man's Control of Water", Mr. M. C. Whipple, instructor in Sanitary Chemistry in the Engineering School, will show how large a part water has played in man's existence on the earth, how man's control of water has advanced with engineering science and led to stabilization of population and the opening up of large areas for habitation.