CRIMSON FIVE DOWNS WORCESTER 37 TO 19

Harvard Captain Scores 7 Times From Floor and Twice From Free Throws--Crimson Meets Yale March 11

The University quintet conclusively and emphatically proved itself superior to Worcester Tech on the latter's home court Saturday, winning handily by a 37 to 19 score.

In the light of an early season meeting of the two teams, which the Crimson barely won by a last-minute rush, last night's performance was particularly gratifying. The business-like manner in which Coach Wachter's men stepped into the lead at the start and stayed there throughout offers more encouragement to the waning Harvard hopes for a victory over Yale March 11 than has any contest for some weeks.

Worcester Misses Parsons

Without detracting from Harvard's improvement it is only fair to confess that the Worcester Engineers failed to match their Hemenway performance. Parsons, stellar guard, was missing from the line-up and the two men tried to fill his shoes were ineffective. Sharpe showed flashes of sensational play, but Rudofsky did not give him a moment's peace all the evening.

Smith bore the brunt of the Crimson attack in the first half. While the Worcester defenders were busy covering Gordon, the Sophomore forward caged four goals. In the second half, however, the Crimson leader came to the fore and brought his scoring total for the evening to 16 points. Harvard  Worcester Tech. Smith, r.f.  l.g., Delphos Gordon, Merriam, l.f.  r.g., Higgins, Gross Samborski, Black, r.g.  l.f., Bittner Rudofsky, l.g.  r.f., Sharpe

Score, Harvard 37, Worcester Tech 19. Goals from the floor, Gordon 7, Smith 5, Rauh 3, Rudofsky, Sharpe 3, Bittner 2, Delphos 2, Goals from fouls, Gordon 2, Smith, Rauh, Rudofsky, Bittner 3, Sharpe 2, Refereee, Muller.