TEACHERS WILL MEET IN SANDERS THEATRE TODAY

HARVARD WELL REPRESENTED ON LIST OF SPEAKERS

At the annual meeting of the Harvard Teachers' Association to be held at the University today, "The Health of Youth" will be the general topic under discussion. The meeting, which is open to the public, will convene this morning at 9 o'clock for their morning session in Sanders Theatre.

Professor C. W. Hetherington of New York University will open the meeting with a discussion on "The Relation of Physical Education to Other Phases of Education," Dr. C. H. Keene, director of the Bureau of Health Education in Harrisburg, Pa., will follow with a talk on "A State Program in Education for Health." "Physical Training in the Schools" will be the subject of an address by Mr. C. Ferguson, and Mr. N. W. Fradd, instructor in the Department of Physical Education at Harvard will conclude "Posture, Body Mechanics, and Health."

Johnson Luncheon toastmaster

Following the session in Sanders Theatre, the annual luncheon of the Association will be held at the Union, to which members are privileged to invite guests, and at which Professor G. E. Johnson Associate Professor of Education in the University, will act as toastmaster.

Dr. Roger Irving Lee '02, formerly Professor of Hygiene in the University will begin the program of speeches after the luncheon with a talk on "What can be done for Health through the Teaching of Hygiene." President Ada L. Comstock of Radcliffe College, will speak next on "Health and College, Life." Mr. W. J. Bingham '16, former University track coach, will close to program of speeches with a talk on "Athletics in Schools and Colleges."

Luncheon Closed to Public

Although the morning session is open to be public and all members of the University the luncheon is open only to those who are invited. Luncheon tickets may be secured by applying to Professor Baneroft Beatley '15 at 6 Lawrence Hall. As the capacity of the Faculty Room is limited, reservations will be accepted in the order received, precedence being given to reservations accompanied by payment.

The Harvard Teachers Association was founded in 1891 by Professor Paul H. Hanus. It includes teachers, graduates, and former students of any department of the University or of Radcliffe, who are interested in the study of education.

O. C. Gallagher '98, Superintendent of Schools in Brookline, is President of the Association; H. D. Gaylord '07, vice-president; Baneroft Beatley '15, Secretary-treasurer; and D. T. Pottinger '06, Auditor Dean H. W. Holmes '03, of the Graduate School of Education, is chairman of the Executive Committee.