FRESHMEN WILL GATHER AT BIG SMOKER TONIGHT

Varied Program Planned--Lowell, Bacon, Daley, Hamlen, Lundell, and Burke Listed as Speakers

At 6.45 o'clock tonight the Freshman class will assemble in the Living Room of the Union for their first Smokers, which will consist of speeches, music, moving pictures, and refreshments. The annual entertainment will be held shortly after the vacation and the Jubilee on May 23.

The first speaker of the evening will be President Lowell, who will discuss the coming three years of college life. Dean Bacon will outline the accomplishments of the class. He will be followed by L. F. Daley, president of the class and captain of the football team, who will talk on the work of the Executive Committee. Nathaniel Bamlen, chairman of the Jubilee Committee, and C. G. Lundell, chairman of the Entertainment Committee, are also listed among the speakers.

Class Fund Is Still Small

The progress of the class fund has been very slow. In the four remaining days before vacation, three times the amount collected in the past ten days must be handed in to the secretary treasurer in order that the fund may be sufficient. J. R. Burke will briefly address the Smoker for the purpose of arousing more enthusiasm among the candidates for the Finance Committee.

"Bathing Bleachers" and "The Halfback of Notre Dame," Mack Sennett comedies, will be shown as the last part of the entertainment, while Bert Lowe's six-piece orchestra furnishes music.