CRIMSON CREWS COMPETE IN THE AMERICAN HENLEY

PENNSYLVANIA AND YALE ARE STRONG CONTENDERS

The second and third University crews are in for a trying race this afternoon at Philadelphia in the American Henley Regatta. Many colleges are sending eights to race over the famous Henley course on the Schuylkill river.

Of prime interest will be the second university race in which both Yale and Pennsylvania have entered a shell. The results of this race will afford the coaches some data for comparing the Yale and Harvard second university crews, and incidentally the first crews, both of which meet on June 20.

Pennsylvania will bid for victory in this race. The Quaker oarsmen, captained by Medholdt, beat out the Yale second crew by a few feet several weeks ago and made as pretty a showing on the Charles in the Harvard-Pennsylvania regatta as did their senior eight.

Coach Ed Brown, who is in charge of both University crews, and his oarsmen reached Philadelphia yesterday morning. They rowed on the Schuylkill yesterday from the Philadelphia Barge Club. The races this afternoon are scheduled late.

The rowing order of the two University crews follow:

Second University Crew-Stroke, Gale; 7, J. P. Hubbard; 6, Macomber; 5, Johnson; 4, Darlington; 3, Barton; 2, Hoover; bow, Righter; cox., Heard.

Third University Crew. - Stroke, Weisman; 7, McGreevy; 6, Jameson; 5, Bohlen; 4, Milde; 3, Theopold; 2, Pond; bow, Boyden' cox., Carrillo.