GRANT MITCHELL AT THE PLYMOUTH AGAIN

The Whole Town's Talking Starts its Third Run in Boston, Familiarity Makes it All The Better

By A. C. B.

After its third successful appearance in Boston, "The Whole Town's Talking" begins to stand out as one of those rare performances which one enjoys more the second time than the first, and more the third time than the second. One is able at least to escape from the relentless grip of the fast-moving comedy to appreciate the skill with which every twist of the story is made to add a little more to the general excitement; one is not so entirely absorbed in following the action, one has leisure to ravel in the luxurious loveliness of Miss Owen, delightful mendacity of Frang Lalor, and the grotesque terror of Grant Mitchell. And repetition seems to rob the situations of none of their humor.

The record established, by this play of three separate showings in one season is somewhat moderated by the fact that none of these showings has lasted very long. But judging from the reception on the third opening. "The Whole Town's Talking" might have extended all of its stays indefinitely. Its welcome seems never to be worn out.